Because of their refund policy, Steam is the most popular game distribution software. People can request a refund if they do not like their games on Steam. A few days ago, Microsoft also added to steam’s refund policy to their Microsoft Store. When people buy a game on Microsft Store, they can easily make a refund request like Steam. With the new refund system, they will get their refund without ease. In this article, you will learn how to request an Xbox refund.
Xbox Return Policy
Some people may want to use the Xbox refund request system to their advantage. They may see this system to play free games. That’s why Microsoft Store has a strict refund policy. Before you request a refund, you should check the requirements listed below.
- Refund requests should be made 14 days after the purchase.
- You should not play the game for more than 2 hours.
- Add-ons, season passes, and downloadable content cannot be refunded.
- You should have an appropriate reason to make an Xbox refund request.
- If you buy the game on pre-sale, you can request a refund after the game’s release date.
You can make a refund request after you download and launch the game at least on time.
Listed requirements can be easily understood. However, providing a legitimate reason may blow your mind. Do not worry. We listed the legitimate reasons below.
- If you purchased your game accidentally, you can make a refund request.
- The game doesn’t play properly. For example, when cyberpunk 2077 was released, because of the bugs, people couldn’t play it. That’s why console manufacturers allow people to make a refund request.
- If there is an error in your credit card bill, you can make a refund request.
- The game may be purchased by hackers. If you encounter this type of situation, you can make a refund request.
Maybe Microsoft has strict policies to make refunds. However, it works well. Because of that, if Microsoft accepts your refund request, your money will return in a few business days.
How to Request a Refund for an Xbox Game
Because of the complexity of the Microsoft refund policy, people cannot request their refunds quickly. However, if you follow the steps listed below, you can accomplish it quickly.
- You need to open Microsoft’s request a refund page.
- Sign in to an Xbox account with your username and password.
- Open your order history.
- Click the item which you want to make a refund request. You need to press the request a refund button at the bottom of the list.
- You need to select your legitimate reason to make a refund request.
- After you choose the legitimate reason to make a refund, you can write additional information about your refund request. If your refund request has issues, this may increase the chance of return.
- You need to confirm your email address. Unless you want to use it, you can write a new one.
- Click submit button.
That’s it. I hope that you can easily make your refund request with this guide. If you have any questions about your refund request, you can write us in the comment section.
Do you find this guide useful? İf you find it useful, you can check out our detailed guides.